AHPA represents and advocates for the role of allied health professionals across health, aged care, disability, education and all other systems where allied health services have a role. Supporting AHPA’s vision of ‘Accessible allied health services for all Australians’, you will contribute to ensuring that allied health services are fully integrated into the health system.
- 0.6 FTE role based in Melbourne CBD in highly desired location
- 12 months Fixed Term, with opportunity to extend)
- Flexible work hours
- $85,000 per annum pro rata plus Superannuation
Reporting to the Manager, Policy and Communications, the Policy Officer will prepare high-quality submissions and position statements on system issues and reforms that will affect allied health professionals in addition developing advice and resources for internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking research and preparing advice, briefing papers and submissions
- Providing strategic research and administrative support to expert committee(s) and /or working groups
- Representing the organisation at relevant forums as directed
- Undertaking other project related activities as directed by the Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in developing policy advice, position statement and submissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound research and analytical skills
- An understanding of the breadth and complexity of allied health professions, previous experience in the Australian allied health sector and an understanding of health economics would also be very highly regarded.
You will have tertiary qualifications ideally in public policy, health economics, a health related field or law.
Why join us?
AHPA’s office is located in a highly desired part of the CBD, close to Flinders Street station and the coveted Degreaves Street precinct. Working in a small and close knit team, we aim for an ideal work life balance with flexibility built in as required. The 0.6 FTE role can be structured across hours that suit the applicant.
The position description can be found here.
To apply for this position, please forward your covering letter expanding on your skills and experience, along with your CV, to [email protected] . If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Philipp Herrmann, Manager, Policy and Communications on 0499 041 144.
Applications close 5pm Friday 19th April 2019.